Water damage is one of the most common forms of damage to both residential and commercial properties. Damage is generally caused by flooding, fire suppression, or burst pipes. From water extraction to dehumidification, ProRestore DKI can handle all your drying needs, regardless of scope and scale.
Whether 50 square feet, or 50,000, residential, commercial or industrial loss, ProRestore DKI has the knowledge and expertise to ensure drying is done quickly and efficiently.
ProRestore DKI mobilizes immediately to assess the damage, accurately estimate time and materials needed to fix the problem, and use the proper procedures for a complete and lasting restoration.
Through the use of industry proven drying techniques to guarantee the most efficient drying process, our dehumidification experts set up and monitor the drying process through every phase to ensure proper drying occurs. We ensure that moisture deep within walls, floors, and contents are thoroughly removed, avoiding a wide range of problems in the future.
Water damage services include water extraction, complete structural drying, advance dehumidification, mold and environmental remediation, carpet, upholstery and area rug cleaning, document salvage, drying and reprocessing, electronics restoration, and structural repairs.
Preventing Water Damage In Your Home or Business
- Periodically check for leaks under your sink where the hose connects to the water supply. If your refriderator has an ice maker line, make sure the water supply line is securely attached and not crimped. Look around the base of appliances for evidence of leaks, such as discolored, warped, or soft flooring materials, or water damage to nearby cabinets.
- Remove and replace deteriorated or cracked caulk and grout. Water from a broken water supply pipe behind the wall can leak through these damaged sealants, causing stains or soft areas around nearby walls and floors.
- Check washing machine hoses regularly for bulging, cracking, fraying and leaks arounf hose ends. Replace the hose if a problem is found or every 3 to 5 years as part of a proactive maintenance program.
- Install battery-operated backup sump pump to protect against power failure. Test the sump pump before the start of each wet season. Sump pumps are not intended to last for more than 10 years and must have some components replaced or serviced within those 10 years.
- Keep the roof free from leaves, twigs, and other litter to allow for proper drainage.
- Make sure air can flow freely through soffit and roof vents.
- Check you attic around flues, plumbing vents and chimneys for roof leaks, especially if you noticed water stains on your ceilings.
- Completely disconnect your garden hose from hose bib prior to the cold season.
Amongst the areas we service in the Des Moines area:
Water Damage Altoona IA
Water Damage Ames IA
Water Damage Ankeny IA
Water Damage Bondurant IA
Water Damage Capitol Heights IA
Water Damage Carlisle IA
Water Damage Clive IA
Water Damage Granger IA
Water Damage Grimes IA
Water Damage Johnston IA
Water Damage Lakewood IA
Water Damage Mitchellville IA
Water Damage Norwalk IA
Water Damage Pleasant Hill IA
Water Damage Polk City IA
Water Damage Saylorville IA
Water Damage Urbandale IA
Water Damage Waukee IA
Water Damage West Des Moines IA
Water Damage Windsor Heights IA